Thursday, March 15, 2012

Remembering Marilyn

I finally saw "My Week with Marilyn." I had resisted watching this film because I couldn't see Michelle Williams as Marilyn, but boy, was I surprised. Never mind that she's a lot shorter, not at all voluptuous or overtly sensual like the unforgettable Marilyn. She got into the character's skin and very adeptly pulled it off. She captured her innocence, confusion and painful insecurities. She captured her softness and radiant beauty. She captured her melancholy and uniqueness; the strange mixture of pathos and greatness that made her unforgettable. Michelle Williams is a great actress and she did her character justice. Marilyn would have approved of her performance for she brought her back to life with lots of love and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment