Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Tragic Finale of a One of Our Greatest Actors



When I first heard the news this afternoon, I felt like someone punched me in the heart.  I felt the loss of a beloved family member.  The news simply took my breath away and all I could think to say was "No, it can't be him.  Please don't let it be him."  He was so young and he had so much more to give to the world that I know all of us who loved him feel cheated and devastated right now.  I didn't know he struggled with drug addiction.  I don't follow Entertainment Tonight, I don't always watch Sixty Minutes and I don't read gossipy magazines, all I knew is that I simply adored him.  When he was on the screen he stole the show no matter how big or small the part.  He was simply the greatest.  There was such humanity, such sensitivity in his performances that you couldn't help but love him.  He left a great legacy and he shall live forever in his movies.  Let's not dwell now on the seamy details of his death, let's give him back his dignity.  It's the least we could do after all he gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment