Sunday, August 24, 2014

Farewell to Lauren Bacall




Image result for lauren bacall


I think this is how most people will remember her.  Her haughty, insolent beauty and gravel voice had a unique presence and authority and also exhibited a keen intelligence and fortitude that served her very well throughout her life.  She enjoyed success, passionate romances and marriages, and a rather nice long life.  That also makes her a very lucky lady.  My favorite movie of her is still "How to Marry a Millionaire," because I think her character Schatze was in many ways similar to her own character in real life.  I think she was a brainy, strong, passionate and determined beauty who commanded respect and always got what she wanted.  Have a good journey Lauren.  I saw you in person in Applause and you were terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment